Thursday, January 18, 2018

Welcome to the Spring 2018 Semester


This is the blog site I have set up for my classes at Kean.  This semester I have two sections of Introduction to Art (FA 1000), both on Friday, so these posts will cover both classes.  Each week I will put up a post the evening following those classes.  The title will include the class and date.  Text relating to the class will be in red.  Any posts about school stuff or other related items, but not specific to our class meetings will be in black.  

Each week I will post a brief description of the day's events, including photos (if available) of the kind of projects people worked on that day.  I will include instructions for the assignments.  All work must be completed by the end of the semester, but on those occasions that things are due sooner, that will also be listed.  I will also include information about the following week, such as materials needed.  Art materials will vary from week to week, and I'll let you know in class what will be needed for the following week, but it will also be here.  The home page includes information about our written assignments, and links to museums.

This online site is not a substitute for coming to class.  It is meant to provide information to registered students who usually attend class, but may have missed a meeting, so they can be caught up quickly.  But even if you miss a class meeting, this site may be useful to remind you of what we've done, to check the list of materials for next class, to verify a deadline for a graded project, or to see completed student examples.  It is available 24/7 and most of the questions that students have will be answered by information here.  However, if you need additional information or explanation, you are welcome to e-mail me directly and I will usually get back to you within 24 hours.