Friday, December 22, 2017

12/22/17 Intro to Art


Today's Class- Today was our final meeting of the semester.  The snow held off, and parking wasn't a problem, with the Vaughn-Eames lot empty early in the morning and never more than half full all day.  And we had some of our best attendance of the semester, perhaps driven by the need to turn things in for grading.  The main class activity was looking at the 3D graded projects, plus getting the portfolios reviewed.

How to make this up- All work was due by the end of our class meetings, so if you didn't turn it in today and made no other arrangements, you're out of luck.  Most students turned in their 3D graded projects, with many finding very creative ways to make use of their randomly chosen topic.  Here are just a few examples:






A whole lot of papers came in today as well, both handed in as hard copies or e-mailed to me, far too many for me to evaluate during class time.  I'll start looking them over tomorrow and probably finish shortly after Christmas.  Any papers arriving today will be graded as 'late', but that's better than not at all.  

Most students brought in their large pads so that I could review the semester portfolios, and the exercises were all checked off in my records.  A few late arriving comic strips were also evaluated. 

Homework- As I said above, if you didn't turn it in by today's class, it won't be graded.  I will continue evaluating the papers and after that, start adding up the numbers to determine the final semester grades, which I believe are due sometime in January.  I will turn them over to the university as soon as I have them all figured out.  

If you enjoyed anything that we did, there's no reason you can't try those processes again on your own, and most of you probably have some left over materials to work with.  

Enjoy the break.