Sunday, March 11, 2007

How this Blog Works

My experience is that most of you will miss at least one class during the semester, and on any given day that may mean several students missing. The more motivated students tend to e-mail me to ask what they missed, and when this is a complex project, this can mean a lot of time spent typing for me. To make things simpler for you and me, I'm setting up this space as a sort of bulletin board for my Kean classes. Each week I will post the information about the classes that we have had- what we looked at, what we did, and what we will need for the next class. Sometimes I will even post example images of the finished projects, so you can get a better sense of what we did. This way you can get the general information about what you missed in class 24/7, without having to wait for a reply and I only have to write it all down once. Of course you can still e-mail me with specific questions, but this blog should cover the things I have to respond to the most often. And even if you didn't miss the most recent class, you can stop by if you need a reminder about due dates, or what materials are needed for the next class.

The class name and day/date will appear in the heading for each entry. In addition, the text for the Introduction to Art (FA 1000) entries will be in red, while the text for the 2D Design (FA 1100) entries will be in blue. Entries with black text apply to both classes.

No comments: