Saturday, September 1, 2012

Welcome to the Fall 2012 Semester


This is the blog that I have set up for my art classes at Kean University.  Each post title will contain the date of the class and the name of the course.  To avoid confusion, posts for my Intro to Art class (FA 1000 sec 10, Wednesdays) will be printed in red text, while posts for my 2D Design class (FA 1100 sec 02, Mondays) will be printed in blue text.  Posts meant for both classes, like this one, will be printed with black text.

Each week I will create a post for the class, usually later that evening.  Besides the name and date, I will include a description of the day's activity and photos of student examples of completed projects if available and applicable.  If there is related homework, I'll provide the details, including the day that it will be due.  I'll also include a list of the required materials for the following week's class. About a month's worth of posts will seen on the home page; ones from earlier in the semester can be accessed using the archives in the right hand column.

The purpose of this blog is to provide information to students who might miss an occasional class so that they may quickly catch up.  It is not intended to be a substitute for actually coming to class- this is not an online course and you are expected to show up each week.  However, even students who never miss a class may find this blog useful, as a way to see additional examples of completed projects, to check due dates for assignments, or to get a quick reminder of what is needed for the next class.  It is available to you 24/7 without having to wait for me to reply to your e-mail.  If you have questions that are not answered here, send an e-mail and I'll usually get back to you within the day, but I have found most of the information students are looking for will be found here.