Friday, February 24, 2017

2/24/17 Mentor Sequence II



A bit of our meeting today was spent discussing options for showing text in a black and white woodcut, and since I had also brought in photocopy book of the whole Fourth of July series, below are some examples of different ways lettering was used in that project.  All are woodblocks, images carved in the 1/4" luaun plywood- actual prints about 5" x 8".


typed philosophy paper receives an A grade


The capital C in the background is because this was the 100th print in the series

 On this day I wore a t-shirt that had the name of an old school printed in Chinese on the front.


Spending a day of my spring break, working on my income taxes.

Homework- For next week's class, I want to see the first block completely finished and progress made on the 2nd block.