Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Winter Weather



Another Tuesday morning, another snow storm.  Up until a little past 7:00 am, Kean insisted that there was no problem, that school would be open at the normal time, and everything was fine.  The view out my window this morning gave me doubts.  Then around 7:15 they finally realized that many major roads are barely functioning, and changed it to delayed opening for noon.  As I said at a previous meeting, the university feels that even if they cancel the first few hours of a class meeting, you are still required to show up for the rest of it.  Based on the radar and my previous experiences with these things, they will probably have the roads in decent shape by then, so I plan to be there.  

If I'm not at the room by noon, and there is no note with other instructions, just come back in about an hour.  We will be starting the next graded project (see last week's post for details), but you'll have a few weeks to get it done.