Wednesday, January 26, 2011

1/26/11 Intro to Art

Today's Class- By now you may have received e-mail from me saying that I have cancelled today's class meeting due to the winter weather. It's been snowing and accumulating pretty steadily where I live for almost 2 hours and reports that I get from campus tell me conditions are deteriorating up in Union. News reports are that the highways in between are just as bad. I do not like to cancel class meetings, but on days like this it's just not worth trying to hold the class.

For next class 2/2/11- We will do what we would have done this week, so bring the same materials- your 18" x 24" pad of drawing paper, pencils and erasers. We will be doing a series of exercises involving line using shoes as our subject, so all students are responsible for having a shoe to draw from. Either bring an extra one to class or be prepared to remove one from one of your feet. I will distribute the museum and research assignments. Those who have not yet purchased their photocopied packet/textbook should bring $3 to class.

No comments: